.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

When I spent three months roaming around Australia in twenty ten, I made a number of insightful discoveries. I learnt that Australia is South Africa's cheeky and more trendy cousin, that you really can get away with calling stranger 'mate,' that Aussies are in fact coffee snobs, and that the country is a hub of creative brilliance. One of my most loved discoveries made in my three-month trip, was surprisingly not Max Brenner's white chocolate chai's, but actually Triple J radio.
Every year during the 'Australia Day' weekend, this alternative radio station launches their Hottest 100, a poll of the most loved songs amongst its listeners. This countdown of trending tunes has become an annual Aussie tradition and is usually accompanied by a barbie and an obligatory beverage.
I am yet to actually experience an Australia Day in all it's summer warmth and barbecuing glory, but it's one the bucket list and should be ticked off in the not too distant future. Until then, I'll just be experiencing the good vibes via Triple J. 

I've been listening to the Hottest 100 of 2012 all week on Spotify and it's one heck of a playlist.
My favorite song at the moment is 'Feel The Love' by Rudimental, but you can check out the full playlist on Triple J's website by clicking here

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    i just wanted to say that I love your blog and all your travel diaries- i am obsessed with them, so it's always nice to see like minded people ;)

    i am currently studying in the uk and going to texas for a semester abroad, so i loved all your posts about going to california.

    well, you have one more fan now-
    x
    joyce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...